Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wonder Woman #1

I've never been a big fan of Wonder Woman. At least not in her own book. I like her appearances in JLA and other books, but her solo series has always been boring to me. I can't really explain why, it just is. So obviously this is a chance for me to try again. The issue was fairly well written. The plot mostly revolves around the mythos of Diana's background. We as readers are experiencing everything new as is the new character Zola. She's thrown into Wonder Woman's world blind, as are we. We'll be learning about the plot alongside Zola. A neat way to be thrust into the Amazonian world. Cliff Chiang's art is as nice as ever. He draws very bold characters that makes them almost seem animated. The book is a lot more gory than I would've expected, which might turn some off. I have a strong stomach, so I'll be sticking around for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment