Saturday, October 8, 2011

Justice League Dark #1

Justice League Dark is the third and final release for the JL family of titles. It's definitely the most unique one. Like the main Justice League title, this issue slowly sets up the roster. Unlike the main book, and like Justice League International, we get to see all of the members in this introductory issue, just not as a team yet. It's a little confusing to grasp what the events of the book are heading towards as we learn about the characters. I guess that's because of the mystical threat that's looming. This is definitely nothing like any other JL book that has come before. the art is terrific. Some of the most unique of the launch titles. A style befitting the supernatural, much like the art in I, Vampire. I'm not sure if I liked the book as much as I was hoping I would, but I think that has to do with the unknown aspects more than a poor execution of them. Afterall, people are afraid of the unknown.

1 comment:

  1. While I'm not entirely familiar with JL, I felt that the story was mildly jerky and disjointed. Instead of feeling like I wanted to read more I was sort left feeling like "what?" The art however, was totally magnificent.

    ReplyDelete