Saturday, October 8, 2011

Batman and Robin #1

Batman and Robin is my first chance to read Damian Wayne. What a smart-mouthed little prick. Or in other words, he's pretty frikkin' awesome. He's the perfect spoil to Bruce Wayne's no-nonsense attitude. This book has the perfect balance of old school and new school Bat tales. I haven't read any core Batman books in quite some time. I only stuck to the fringe of his universe, because I didn't like what I heard about Grant Morrison's style. When I read Detective Comics, it felt like the stories I was used to. This book feels like my style, plus the new style. But without Morrison's "I'm too cool for you to understand" vibe. Thankfully. The art is tricky. In some spots it's incredibly detailed and lush, and it others it's plain and simplistic. If that can be fixed to a more consistent style, then the book will be pretty much flawless. Still, a very well crafted book that should please any Batfans that lapsed once Morrison came on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment