Saturday, October 8, 2011

I, Vampire #1

I really wanted to like I, Vampire. I really did. Even though most internet chatter had denounced this as one of the first books to get the axe when the first 52 were announced, I thought the premise sounded interesting. But after reading the book, I couldn't even grasp what the premise was. I think there's some type of "vampires taking over the world" thing going on. But the constant switching back and forth between the past and present was so confusing, I could be way off on that premise. It's nothing awe inspiring, whatever it is. The art, on the other hand, is amazing. Andrea Sorrentino is a perfect mood setter. The style is exactly like Jae Lee's art. It really fits the gothic horror this book is about. The cover by Jenny Frison is quite possibly the best of all these new 52's. If the story becomes more clear in the next issue, I could be brought back to my initial feelings for this book. But right now, I'm disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment