Saturday, October 8, 2011

Aquaman #1

Not a hoax! Not a dream! The world might have just come to an end, because they've finally made Aquaman cool! It's so unbelievable for me to be saying this, but it's true. And the funniest thing about how they made him cool, is how they did it. They made fun of him. And that in turn made him a very likeable character. A character you wanted to see succeed. Geoff Johns has gone three-for-three in the DCnU. He's completely turned me around on his writing. I think the internet has cracked in half. What's next, I get a girl?? (Yeah, right) The art is superb, which is no surprise since Ivan Reis has become a superstar thanks to his pairing with Johns on Green Lantern. This was an exceptionally fun read. Quite possibly the biggest surprise of all 52 new comics. Even Johns' biggest fans could not see this coming. I doubt even DC did. Aquaman!

No comments:

Post a Comment