Saturday, October 8, 2011

Birds of Prey #1

Birds of Prey is the only hold over from the old DCU that I read the entire run of. So I'm more than well aware of who everyone is and what their origins are. And yet, this issue totally got me lost. Don't get me wrong, this is a great, action-packed book. Well paced, well written, great art. A really nice take on a book that I had grown more than tired of the past couple years. But if the Bat-family of titles are supposed to be continuing from the old continuity, I have absolutely no clue how this fits in. It sure didn't pick up from where the last BoP series ended. Still, if it's geared to new readers, then it does it's job. The plot mystery is still unfolding, and the entire cast has yet to be revealed. That should be enough to keep you coming back. It is for me, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment