Saturday, October 8, 2011

Flash #1

What is this? A Flash book I actually enjoyed? And enjoyed quite a bit? Insanity. But it's true. I've never read a lot of Flash issues in the past, but I never liked any of them. They were always so boring to me. "Oh look, I run fast, and, uh....that's about it." I couldn't see how that'd be interesting month after month. But I can in this book. One of the coolest things in any of these DCnU titles was a two-page spread that gave you Barry Allen's origin much in the way a opening title sequence does on a tv show. That was pure genius right there. Barry was a very likeable character from the get-go. The plot was a very interesting one that made you want to know more pretty much immediately. The art was frenetic in the way it presented Barry's life in and out of his costume. Francis Manapul has crafted a must-read for one of DC's heavy hitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment